Hi Beautiful! Have you been feeling stuck since the new year?
I have, I’ll admit – I’m not a huge fan of January. Christmas goes by in a whirl and I get suuuper excited about a fresh new year full of possibilities and promise. Then… January. It’s, well – grey. I feel cooped inside, everyone is ill – all the time and I find myself dreaming of a sun lounger in the Bahamas (Mojito anyone…?)
That’s why I’m even more happy that February is here – it’s slightly less grey, we are at the end of a bout of chicken pox and Spring is officially around the corner. I refuse to let that grey vibe sneak into February, so I’m slowly putting myself back together as I have big goals for 2023 (and I know you do too)… I don’t know about you but I’m not into waiting for things to happen and am ready to make some massive shifts this year… A February refresh if you will.
If you’ve been feeling cooped indoors, overwhelmed and a little stuck – here’s whats been helping me through this season…
- Doing a quick morning mindset meditation, this is either in bed with headphones, in my head whilst I sit on my toddlers floor hoping they drift off to sleep again at 5am or more of a self care ritual vibe once the smalls are at nursery or with the grandparents. Here is a link to one of my faves…. Let it be Easy
- Bailey Brown Pilates workouts on You Tube. If I go a few days without movement I really feel gross, its a huuuge mood booster for me. These gentle non jumping 10 minute workouts are my current fave, especially the standing ones which you can always quickly bang out on the kitchen floor whilst the spaghetti simmers…
- Early nights with decaf tea, toasties and Netflix!
- Nightly hot Epsom Salt baths with a book and soy candles- I’ve just finished Daisy Jones and the Six and cannot wait for the TV series…. I liked it so much I’ve put Malibu Rising to one side for our Spanish gettaway in May.
- Monthly Sports Massages – soooo needed.
- Mornings with my cappucino and journal. Have you tried journaling? I know its a bit of a buzzword but it really helps me get my thoughts clear. Try the prompt… “If no one would care, and no one would get mad – what do I truly want?”
- Taking a walk around the woods listening to some uplifting tunes or a good podcast.
These daily practices tweak and change with the seasons but right now, when I feel Winter overwhelm sneaking in – I go back to these things again and again. If you’ve been feeling stuck, overwhelmed and living in groundhog day – try and incorperate your own practices into your daily routine (or pinch mine!). Think about what makes you feel good, and how you want your days to feel.
If you are not sure where to start? Snag my FREE Download – The Mum Mindset Toolkit, its packed with tips, journal prompts, affirmations and other juicy stuff designed to help support you through motherhood – especially through seasons of overwhelm. Just click on the pic below to grab yours.
If you enjoyed this blog pop me a message or comment – I’d love to hear from you! You’ll also love My Tips on letting go of mum guilt – which you can read about here. You can find me on my Instagram at @twinsandthings13.com so drop by there and we can virtually hang out! To never miss a blog join the twins and things community here, see ya soon mama x